Detailed stats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadbarnacle
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Detailed stats Reply with quote

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Abyss stats are pretty simple -- just a hit-counter within a timeframe. Is there a way to get other data (like apache logs offer) like IP address of visitor, specific page visited, precise time and date of hit, etc?

Maybe not, but this seems like it would be a pretty vital function, and I'm surprised it doesn't exist. Maybe there's a "feature request" forum somewhere, if it turns out that there's no way to get detailed stats.

But I still wonder if perhaps I'm missing something obvious, and one can see these detailed stats somehow.

TIAA.
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, defaultly Abyss keeps an extensive Log of acess to your site, it should be Located in C:\program Files\Abyss Web Server\Log and is titled Acess.log Open it in either Notepad ( or wordpad when it gets too big) or Office's Word ( allthough i haven't tryed it on word it should work fine.)

Also this file has a neat compatiability peice about the user's computer. like Browser type and version... Like so:

Ip Address - - [Day/Month/year:hour:min:sec -offest] "What they are getting and Protcoll " "Referer" "Browser type ( Platform of Terminal ) < I have no idea what Gecko is but i think it is a part of Mozilla Firefox> and Browser and it's version.

127.0.0.1 - - [11/Aug/2005:23:06:29 -0400] "GET /rosepinkdustfiles/rosepinkdust.html HTTP/1.1" 200 14273 "http://67.50.136.216:8080/index%28forward%29.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6"

Hope that helps at All...

~Vahn

Visit my Site! http://67.50.136.216:8080/

Last edited by Vahn on Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
deadbarnacle
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Why the secret? Reply with quote

Wow, thanks! Always nice to find an active forum ^____^

I wonder why there's not an obvious way to see these stats from the console, and one has to dig around in directories with text-editors to see them. I don't think these detailed logs are in the "manual" either.

Why the secret?
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea... I my self am looking for a way to display this with a little bit of an editing on my website.

~ Vahn
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailed stats Reply with quote

deadbarnacle,

You can use any log analyzer with Abyss Web Server (and there are tons of free and good ones). See http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422 for an example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: