Do I need to install MYQSL, PHP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juvan
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Do I need to install MYQSL, PHP? Reply with quote

First of all let me thank all of you guys here. Without you, I would have not gotten my web server running. My website was running out of space and my ISP refused to grant me or sell more of space.

Now, thanks to you people the server is running just fine and I have over 60 gig of space compare to that lousy 7 mb from my ISP.

I have one question: Do I need to install MYQSL, PHP if yes what are the advantages of installing the two programs. Do I need more programs other than the two I mentioned?

Thanks again
Juvan
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
p3
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Do I need to install MYQSL, PHP? Reply with quote

juvan wrote:
First of all let me thank all of you guys here. Without you, I would have not gotten my web server running. My website was running out of space and my ISP refused to grant me or sell more of space.

Now, thanks to you people the server is running just fine and I have over 60 gig of space compare to that lousy 7 mb from my ISP.

I have one question: Do I need to install MYQSL, PHP if yes what are the advantages of installing the two programs. Do I need more programs other than the two I mentioned?

Thanks again
Juvan

If you want to be able to use something like a forum, you need to install PHP, MySQL, and PHPMyAdmin...

Also, if you intend to write PHP scripts, you need to install PHP...

MySQL stores databases for just about anything, and PHPMyAdmin allows you to configure the database information more easily...

If you deicide you want to install these, go to http://trustabyss.com for Tutorials on how to install them.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Axis
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juvan--

You do not *have* to install MySQL or PHP. You only need to do this if you wish to use PHP. There are many advantages to using PHP in some cases, but it is not required. There are forums and other scripts written in perl, etc. if you choose to go that direction.

Regards,
Axis
juvan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks P3 and Alix for your response.

By the way is there any software, free, that can tell me the IPs of the people visiting my website?

Thanks.

juvan
p3
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

juvan wrote:
Thanks P3 and Alix for your response.

By the way is there any software, free, that can tell me the IPs of the people visiting my website?

Thanks.

juvan

You're welcome Juvan.

Also, I do recall seeing something to this affect awhile back. I'll try to find it in a few minutes....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

juvan wrote:
Is there any software, free, that can tell me the IPs of the people visiting my website?

Just turn the logging on in your Abyss console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: