What's webdesign for you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastpurplemedia
-

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: What's webdesign for you? Reply with quote

Hello fellow coders and web designers. I understand that there are a lot of professional web designers on this forum. I want to know what is web designing for you?
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What's webdesign for you? Reply with quote

fastpurplemedia,

It depends on the background of the Web designer. Some think it is just graphical design adapted for the Web. Some consider it as "programming" in a restricted environment. Some others focus on the user experience and interaction.
MSEIF
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I can also design websites. If you need assistance with identifying problems with an exising web site or need a new site developing for your new start-up or existing business, I can help.
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Web Designing is the process of converting a wireframe or blueprint of a website page into a visually appealing version designed on tools like adobe photoshop or muse whatever you choose, then convert it into a web page that can be scrolled and click events can be performed to see if the page is performing well. Last but not least, when all the changes are locked, the page is filled with all the content and contact info and gets pointed to the domain name and hosting you purchase against a specific url and it gets accessible on the web.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Moonwalker
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly speaking, web design is about envisioning the structure (areas and groups of pages for each area), visual appeal, and function of the site. You don't have to be a programmer per se, to be a website designer. I design and build mine out of 99 percent borrowed open source code, and 1 percent modified code. I dare say most web sites are built this way.

Nothing irritates me more than a site that puts bells, whistles, fancy animations above FUNCTION. If it takes me longer to do what I came to do on a site due to designers showing off their supposed skills (when it is more likely they simply ripped the code for all the fancy graphics from somewhere else ~ so I'm not really impressed anyway), it often causes me to write the site owners to whine and complain.

Well, companies that hire web designers don't like when that happens, so to me we should all keep that in mind when designing for a client. Sometimes they want that, and it isn't really the best thing for their reputation. When this is the case, I will do my best to talk them out of what they do not need.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: