[Solved] PHP security error......I dont know why?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: [Solved] PHP security error......I dont know why? Reply with quote

I have an abyss webserver running fine with Mysql and php 4.3.0 on my home maching. I am trying to install it on a different computer and when trying to access a info.php page in my root I get this page:

Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.

I have configured the server in server configuration right. with REDIRECT_STATUS /200 so I don't understand what the problem is nor what to do to fix it. I did not have this trouble before and it is exact same setup.

Win 98se
Abyss Web Server
Mysql 3.2.3
PHP 4.2.3

Help!! Please
Hollywood

Last edited by Hollywood on Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: php, php 4.3.0., security alert Reply with quote

My only suggestion is to check your configuration file... It sometimes has a tendency to reset itself rendering all active pages (php included) useless.

Check to make sure all the changes you've made via the console are infact still the changes made in the configuration file...

Open it and search for 200 > go to your console and and just double check to see if it still says "REDIRECT_STATUS 200"

Try to double check everything > aliases > index files...

As a corrupt configuration would delete everything all the above information would get reset.

If it was your configuration file, just remember once you have it up and running to simply back it up as often as you make changes to it.

Goodluck :)

PS> If you solve the problem please tell us how you did it, we would really like to know if you solved it :)
Hollywood
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a complete uninstall of PHP and Web Server.......and did a full re-install. went through all the setup again....(for about the 10th time haha) and it was fine.

I don't know what went wrong being I have done this sucessfully about 4 times before, so I was really stumped. Anyway Its working

Thanks alot!!
Hollywood
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: php, backup, security, configuration Reply with quote

If you have WinRAR you should stop everything Abyss related once in a while and do a full backup of your entire setup... I have countless backups in case of the unexpected.

Thanks for letting us know you solved the problem, good luck with your copy and setup and we'll see you around on the boards ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: