Ip Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Ip Information Reply with quote

Hi, Bit wierd but here goes.
I am running my website at home on abyss with port forwardning and nat but I am on a dynamic ip and now and then i restart the router or have temp problems that fix them selfs. My ip updates automaticly every 5 mins to DYN DNS and I was wondering If I can display the current ip address of my home on the staff section so when staff visit the section they can see the ip address so for instance they can go to ftp://214.11.0.14 as ftp://mydomain don't work.

Also is there any way on my old host that is remote It can look at my new website and display whether the website is currently working then when it goes offline it has a page warning page so people can tell when theres website problems?

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
k1ll3rdr4g0n
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Ip Information Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
Hi, Bit wierd but here goes.
I am running my website at home on abyss with port forwardning and nat but I am on a dynamic ip and now and then i restart the router or have temp problems that fix them selfs. My ip updates automaticly every 5 mins to DYN DNS and I was wondering If I can display the current ip address of my home on the staff section so when staff visit the section they can see the ip address so for instance they can go to ftp://214.11.0.14 as ftp://mydomain don't work.

Also is there any way on my old host that is remote It can look at my new website and display whether the website is currently working then when it goes offline it has a page warning page so people can tell when theres website problems?

As for the first part, ftp://yourdomain should work, it could be that your ISP's DNS hasn't caught up. Could you please post more info on what happens with the problems and what type of internet you have (DSL or cable broadband)? Gawd, I know theres a PHP variable for this (I think) to display the IP of the server. Also could you post your domain?

And for the second part, yes there is. I saw on someone's site here, they made a script something like that. If you want to spend some $$ (like 5$) Ill make you it. Of course, other people are going to post to do it for free. But, I thought I would offer anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.dogmad.co.uk is my domain ftp is not running at the moment had a few problems. I don't think ftp works as dogmad.co.uk points to dogmaduk.ath.cx which is my dns server then that points to my computer.

Also we have had terrible problems with the ftp server not letting you on if you have a password. If I create an account without a password it will login, If I create an account with a password it says that the password is invalid unles sI login using ftp in dos.

As for the old host thing how would I pay you?

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: