Are you still in business?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mystic7
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Are you still in business? Reply with quote

Does anybody even come here anymore? I posted a question yesterday after joining the forum and it still hasn't been "approved".

I've followed every step on this forum to set up Abyss, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin.

Everything works except phpMyAdmin. When I try to log in with wrong or blank password I get the appropriate error message, but when I log in with the correct user/pass I get this:

Code:
Error

SQL query: DocumentationEdit Edit

SELECT *
FROM information_schema.CHARACTER_SETS

MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'information_schema.character_sets' doesn't exist

I've uninstalled everything, cleared my registry, put it all in again in the exact order of your tutorials. A little help, please!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you still in business? Reply with quote

mystic7,

We're still in business. But mind you, this is a user community forum. So by posting questions here, you are asking other fellow users and not the our support staff directly.

We have a support desk which could be contacted using email. More contact information is available in http://www.aprelium.com/support/email/ .

The reply to your question has been posted as a follow up to your (cross)post in http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=415873#415873 .
mystic7
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only "crossposted" because my original post never showed up, I checked it before posting again. That's also why I asked if you were still in business. It appeared there was no moderator to check my post before putting it up.

Anyway, I discovered that by using an old version of phpMyAdmin (2.7 PL or something to that effect) that took care of the problem. Seems everything except Abyss is not compatible with Windows 8. I even had to find an old version of MySQL. The latest version starts the install process, then disappears without installing anything.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: