"Program" File With No Extension Causing Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djholt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: "Program" File With No Extension Causing Problems Reply with quote

I have installed Abyss Web Server, and so far I really like it. The only problem I am having is that it created a 'Program' file in the root directory of my hard drive, and Windows comlpains about while logging in and it says that it may cause programs to stop working. Well, it did. Now, when that file is there, McAfee VirusScan will not operate. As soon as I delete that file, it works fine. But, I cannot delete that file unless AWS is closed, and it is recreated when AWS is reopened. What can I do? :cry:
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: "Program" File With No Extension Causing Probl Reply with quote

djholt wrote:
I have installed Abyss Web Server, and so far I really like it. The only problem I am having is that it created a 'Program' file in the root directory of my hard drive, and Windows comlpains about while logging in and it says that it may cause programs to stop working. Well, it did. Now, when that file is there, McAfee VirusScan will not operate. As soon as I delete that file, it works fine. But, I cannot delete that file unless AWS is closed, and it is recreated when AWS is reopened. What can I do? :cry:

Abyss Web Server won't create a 'Program' file unless you told him to do so. So check your configuration (namely your log file and your cgi error file) as these are the only files that AWS creates automatically when it doesn't find them.
If you feel that we didn't answered your question, please repost it with more information.
djholt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: "Program" File With No Extension Causing Problems Reply with quote

I cannot find any setting inside the configuration of AWS causing this file to be created, but I am positive that it is created by AWS. Just as I launch AWS, the file is immidietly created. I checked every setting inside the configuration pages. :?
djholt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: "Program" File With No Extension Causing Problems Reply with quote

Any other suggesions about this problem? :?: :( :?:
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, deleting the program file and than uninstalling the whole program.(save settings) and than reinstalling it. That might solve the problem.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: program, no extension, Abyss not working Reply with quote

I've noticed once I had a lot of files named program and which disn't have an extention on the end of it... Though it didn't cause problems for me I think it was because of a program I was using called Fix-It utilities by V-com "formally Ontrack"...

Are you using any such programs that clean up or tweak your system? Whats your OS setup, whats running on it, when do you notice the program file appear, what have you tried?

If the problem is solved please post and let us know, thanks :)
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: program, no extension, Abyss not working Reply with quote

I've noticed once I had a lot of files named program and which didn't have an extention on the end of it... Though it didn't cause problems for me I think it was because of a program I was using called Fix-It utilities by V-com "formally Ontrack"...

Are you using any such programs that clean up or tweak your system? Whats your OS setup, whats running on it, when do you notice the program file appear, what have you tried?

If the problem is solved please post and let us know, thanks :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: