PHP 5.4.7 OS X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.4.7 OS X Reply with quote

Thought I'd share with you how I build PHP for OS X and Abyss using 'Homebrew.' This works for NGINX, so I thought it should work for Abyss. It seems to :)
My setup. OS X server 10.7.5. You will need to install Xcode and the command line utilities for xcode. All commands are executed via the terminal.
Step 1. Install Homebrew.
Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSkL raw.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/go)"

Complete setup by running
Code:
brew doctor
to ensure your environment setup is complete
Step 2. Install homebrew php which is maintained here:https://github.com/josegonzalez/homebrew-php It's worth having a read before you begin.
Code:
brew tap homebrew/dupes

Code:
brew tap josegonzalez/homebrew-php

Step 3. Look at the php build options using this command:
Code:
brew options php54

Build PHP5 using these option: *note. These are the options I used and they seem to work. Please use at your own risk.
Code:
brew install php54 --without-apache --with-mysql --with-homebrew-openssl --with-cgi --with-imap

Step 4. PHP will be built in /usr/local/Cellar/php54 and the php-cgi is located at /usr/local/Cellar/php54/5.4.7/bin/php-cgi You need to make Abyss aware of this by changing the path in the PHP scripting parameters in the Abyss console. Restart Abyss.
Step 5. php.ini is located at /usr/local/etc/php.ini You will need to edit this to your requirements. Current build PHP5.4.7
Hope this helps ease some pain
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.4.7 OS X Reply with quote

sonofcolin,

Thank you for sharing these instructions with the community.

As a side note, the main issue we face when building PHP Mac OS X binaries is that each Mac OS X major version ships with a different set of libraries. So the only choice we have is to include libraries PHP depends on with the final package. So the build process is rather complex and needs a lot of tests (hence the speed at which we release prepackaged PHP for Mac OS X.)
baudinethwilliam
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.4.7 OS X Reply with quote

aprelium-support wrote:
sonofcolin,

Thank you for sharing these instructions with the community.

As a side note, the main issue we face when building PHP Mac OS X binaries is that each Mac OS X major version ships with a different set of libraries. So the only choice we have is to include libraries PHP depends on with the final package. So the build process is rather complex and needs a lot of tests (hence the speed at which we release prepackaged PHP for Mac OS X.)

I definitely have to agree with you. Mac OS is the hardest to integrate. Anyway, thanks sonofcolin for this. I will try it. :)
deather
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this helped me building php on my OSX, thanks sonofcolin
axxo1
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it installed thanks to this short tutorial.

The only thing is, I had to change the PHP path in Abyss.

I appreciated it sonofcolin, really thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: