Security Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Security Issue Reply with quote

I was just wondering how to secure a directories in my www root folder. for example i have images folder in my root directory and if i type my url/images people can access list of images in my folder. How can i secure this?

Thank You
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, making access restriction to that folder using the software server? I am not sure this is a good answer.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: how to lock down certain directory or directories path Reply with quote

server configuration > Advanced > User & Groups > Users > Add > (Create a user) > OK > OK > Access Control > Virtual Path (If your images are located in their own folder direct off the root (htdocs) then enter "/foldername" in virtual path) Enter something descriptive in the Realm field and select the user to whom to allow access to and click OK...

Restart the server and type into your browser address field the URL to get to the images... It should now be protected :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: