Help plz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Help plz Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was wondering, does anyone know how to install an IRC server on Cent OS? I'll be glad to give you free hosting if you can help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
HIWD.
www.FreshHost.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help plz Reply with quote

HIWD wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering, does anyone know how to install an IRC server on Cent OS? I'll be glad to give you free hosting if you can help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
HIWD.
www.FreshHost.net

I wouldnt get your hopes up. I didnt know that anyone actually used Cent OS, so I doubt there will be an IRC daemon for it.
You may consider running a minimal box somewhere nearby with linux on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Help plz Reply with quote

MonkeyNation wrote:

I wouldnt get your hopes up. I didnt know that anyone actually used Cent OS, so I doubt there will be an IRC daemon for it.

Do you even know what CentOS is? It's an open version of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system... To say that nobody uses it is pretty laughable.

@HIWD
Any IRC daemon that works with Red Hat or most other versions of Linux should work just fine. "IRC Hybrid" may even be included in the standard CentOS packages - unfortunately my server & CDs are at work, so I can't check for you at the moment... Just grab yourself an RPM and install/configure if it isn't already available. What problems are you having?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Help plz Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
MonkeyNation wrote:

Do you even know what CentOS is? It's an open version of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system... To say that nobody uses it is pretty laughable.

@HIWD
Any IRC daemon that works with Red Hat or most other versions of Linux should work just fine. "IRC Hybrid" may even be included in the standard CentOS packages - unfortunately my server & CDs are at work, so I can't check for you at the moment... Just grab yourself an RPM and install/configure if it isn't already available. What problems are you having?

Just getting the actual IRC to work, I'm only experienced in the web server side of things, anyway I'll try from the RPM again and let you know. Thank you for your help!

Regards,
HIWD.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Help plz Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
MonkeyNation wrote:

No, but until you posted, it sounded like I did...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: