TORRENT DISTRUBUTORS BEWARE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I an idiot for suggesting people close down torrent sites?
Yes - Shut the hell up!
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No - You did the right thing
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Hey! I run a torrent site!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: TORRENT DISTRUBUTORS BEWARE! Reply with quote

The website http://www.elitetorrents.org/ was recently shut down and the people running it are about to be procecuted!

I suggest that anyone running a torrent site should shut down immidiately to avoid procecution!

I hope this warning gets across to people!
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late for that. They've been shutting down and prosecuting torrent sites for a year or more now. Anyone with a high enough profile site to have been noticed is no doubt already in line for a nice letter from **AA lawyers.

Suprnova, lokitorrents etc etc. You're not an idiot for posting, but you're an idiot if this came as a suprise.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a supprise, I did know that. I just wanted to warn people before it WAS too late.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my point. It was too late 12 months ago. If you're still serving up illegal torrents now then you should already know exactly what risk you're taking. You forgot to mention the illegal part in your subject title of course, as do most newspapers when talking about the evils of Bittorrent.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Aprelium's forum is really a good place to advertise your warez trading.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask how its NOT illigal?
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
Can I ask how its NOT illigal?

I don't share the warez, the users who are connected to my server does. I only provide a connection between all users, so they can download from each other.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see.

BTW, whats that about?

Quote:
Want Abyss X2 for free?

Click HERE!

I really think thats being unfair not just to Aprelium but to others as well.

Shame on you!

PS: I know its a joke!
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
Ah, I see.

BTW, whats that about?

Quote:
Want Abyss X2 for free?

Click HERE!

I really think thats being unfair not just to Aprelium but to others as well.

Shame on you!

PS: I know its a joke!

There, now that sign wont disturb you anymore.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you didnt have to take it off, I was merely pointing it out. I know you like Abyss and wouldn't give it away. I knew you were joking.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:

I don't share the warez, the users who are connected to my server does. I only provide a connection between all users, so they can download from each other.

And that's exactly how and why the torrent sites have been taken down and prosecuted. Having a 3tb hub wouldn't be something I'd boast about in public.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he means he only shares between his friends, not just anyone. I was on his server browsing pics and I came accross the warez dir and it was password protected anyway.
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
Lol, you didnt have to take it off, I was merely pointing it out. I know you like Abyss and wouldn't give it away. I knew you were joking.

I didn't take it off, I simply banned your IP from viewing it.
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
cmxflash wrote:

And that's exactly how and why the torrent sites have been taken down and prosecuted. Having a 3tb hub wouldn't be something I'd boast about in public.

It's not illegal here in Sweden. Our ISP almost want's us to share warez, since they get more costumers that way.

Once I had a problem with my internet connection, so I called the support. Of course he checked /warez on my server, but he said it's good that I'm sharing warez and that he also do it. If I lived in the US I'm sure my ISP would have reported me for that.
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
It's not illegal here in Sweden.

Not for long. The Swedish government and the entertainment industry got together and...
As of July 1, a law banning the sharing of copyrighted material on the Internet "without payment of royalties"
will go into effect. Anyone breaking the law can be ordered to pay damages.

In March, Swedish authorities raided the servers of Bahnhof Internet—the largest Swedish ISP—and found a total
of 1,800 movie files, 5,000 warez and 450,000 audio files. The 23 terabytes of data of illegal content were stored
in four servers—one of them, according to Reuters, “reputed to be the biggest pirate server in Europe.”

Ref. - http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=8607116
http://p2pnet.net/story/4979
http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000707035643/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxxnixx wrote:
cmxflash wrote:

Not for long. The Swedish government and the entertainment industry got together and...
As of July 1, a law banning the sharing of copyrighted material on the Internet "without payment of royalties"

In March, Swedish authorities raided the servers of Bahnhof Internet—the largest Swedish ISP—and found a total
of 1,800 movie files, 5,000 warez and 450,000 audio files. The 23 terabytes of data of illegal content were stored
in four servers—one of them, according to Reuters, “reputed to be the biggest pirate server in Europe.”

Yes, i did a little research about that warez found at Banhofs. It turns out that Henrik Ponten, a lawyer at the Swedish anti-piracy company was the one who acturly put in most of the warez. So I called Ponten (want to call him? + 46 70 592 9922, might be expensive outside of Sweden), and guess who awnsered? One of his kids. So I started to ask a lot of questions, and it turned out that he also share warez, the kid told me that he has over 5k MP3s.

Anyway, what are the police going to do to stop me from sharing warez? They don't have the resources to stop everybody who share warez.

MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
Moxxnixx wrote:
cmxflash wrote:

Yes, i did a little research about that warez found at Banhofs. It turns out that Henrik Ponten, a lawyer at the Swedish anti-piracy company was the one who acturly put in most of the warez. So I called Ponten (want to call him? + 46 70 592 9922, might be expensive outside of Sweden), and guess who awnsered? One of his kids. So I started to ask a lot of questions, and it turned out that he also share warez, the kid told me that he has over 5k MP3s.

Anyway, what are the police going to do to stop me from sharing warez? They don't have the resources to stop everybody who share warez.

You called some random guy who didnt know you, his child picked up the phone, and openly admitted that he was in possession of illegal material?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a random guy. Ponten is the bad guy in this hole mess, and he is the one who report everybody to the police. Everybody who share warez in Sweden know who Ponten is.

And yes, i was pretty chocked too.
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im reminded of napster somehow...

the technology exists and now that everyone with an internet connection has the ability to download and distribute files etc ((sometimes without even knowing they are doing it)) the government is wasting its time trying to stop it, thats like prosecuting every person who uses a conterfiet bill and doesnt know it is even conterfiet ((oh wait they already do this)) there will always be people who share files and move it, the government can try all they want and the companies can even have other countries play along, but in the end its a waste of time

heck DVD burners/rippers can be had for like 40 bucks at globalcomputer.com ((theres a 300 gig harddrive for 120$ after a rebate)) anyone with 50 bucks can rip and share/burn any and all files they want with anyone and everyone. people with a webserver can place files in the server in an obscure folder, and without a HTML page linking to the file it is inaccsessable unless ya enter http://www.yoursite.com/folder/hidden/secret/dontlookhere/goaway/musiccollection.zip

would take alot of work to find something there

although with all this 'homeland security' stuff the government or 'big brother' can do what they want sometimes without warrants, there was a big bill that is pending that lets the government track phonecalls, monitor with cameras, and get warrants easily and basicaly keep tabs on everyone.

wow i got carried away...
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government is wasting their time sueing illegal download sites when
they could be securing the borders , I blame the government on 9/11. :(

Sincerely , TRUSTpunk
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'the government' is not suing illegal downloaders.
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

On the subject of 9/11, this is quite an interesting flash movie and makes you really think about what exactly happened on 9/11! If you havn't already seen it, take a few minutes and watch it!

http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php

Another Interesting 9/11 Site:
http://www.911inplanesite.com/
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so maybe its not the government but I consider the FBI and all those other
agencies Government , I maybe right or I maybe wrong. I just think its stupid. :)

Edit: I only think its stupid that they are trying to shutdown BitTorrent search
sites , the reason why is because their not the ones hosting the original files
and its rediculous that their the ones being sued. lol. Have A Nice Day!

Sincerely , TRUSTpunk

Last edited by TRUSTAbyss on Sat May 28, 2005 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the entertainment industry has alot of options it can pursue that may not make them as much money, hell actors and singers are overpaid anyway, whats the big deal if suddenly they are down a couple million? ya ever watch VH1, all i seem to see on there is shows about how the rich and famouse spend thier money
'but thats nothing comapred to the cool 20 million$ dollar watch collection, while all kept on her private 200 million dollar yacht'

i think it may be a good thing people are taking form the rich and giving to thier friends

but as far as copyrights, yea if someone started giving away programs i wrote or code i wrote, i would at least want some compensation, and thats what business that have thier software pirated are getting uptight about, the fact that thier hard work is going away freely on the web. the government gets involved because if the company is making no money, its employees are getting fired, that means less jobs, but if the company isnt taking extra measures security wise to protect thier software, its thier own fault
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of the flash movie link in my last post? It really made me think, how about all of you??

Just wondering!

Rich!
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
It's not illegal here in Sweden. Our ISP almost want's us to share warez, since they get more costumers that way.

Once I had a problem with my internet connection, so I called the support. Of course he checked /warez on my server, but he said it's good that I'm sharing warez and that he also do it. If I lived in the US I'm sure my ISP would have reported me for that.

Well, it is illegal now.......http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4642373.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: