hMailServer X.X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elethor
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: hMailServer X.X Reply with quote

I installed hmailserver quite awhile ago and decided i wanted to make it work this time... problem is... i dont know how to use it... can anyone teach me how to configure it withOUT making me install remoteadmin so you can do it your self (it doesnt work)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
k1ll3rdr4g0n
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres something that may help you:

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/?page=basic_configuration

Next time: Read the documentation, please.

Heres the full documentation http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/ . Read and if you have any specific questions then please ask, IMO its the end users responsiblity to read any and all documentation for the downloaded program.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

install hmailserver and run it to open the admin panel click +settings/smtp and then click the delivery of email tab in the hostname boxtype just your host name ie your.name.com dont put no http or www Note the smtp relayer box below it you may need it later next click welcome and click add domain then enter your domain ie your hostmame (the same exact thing you entered for hostname) click Save then Click the (plus sign)+domains and youll see the domain you saved click on the domain.name and hit the add account button add an account hit save To config out look you will use your address as the incoming and outgoing server and the WHOLE Email address as the user name and the password to check and send mail via that account providing you set up outlook right it should be able to log into the hmailserver and check for mail and send mail if you get a timeout error when sending mail and it dont send that usually means port 25 is blocked by your ISP You can ussually call their customer support and ask the to open port 25 for you they only block it to protect you from spam OR you could use your ISP's Smtp server as a relayer to do this simply type in your ISP's smtp server address in the smtp relayer Box i talked about earlier Ie i use sbcglobal(yahoo) DSL so i use their smtp server smtp.sbcglobal.net an my mail send just fine also see the link below for squirrel mail a set of php web files that allows the users you create to log in and check and send mail on your mailserver via the internet its a full featured webmail portal (does not allow sign up only login for users you create via the hmailserver-administator) I run it on my abyss x-1 "Squirrel mail" I mean. the mailserver actually has nothing to to with your webserver and does not need to be configured to your web server in any way
http://www.squirrelmail.org/

Last edited by alienseeder on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragraphs are your friend?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
alienseeder
-

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed Math , Failed Language , Was Stoned , dont like writing anyway

Last edited by alienseeder on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
alienseeder
-

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh by the way. Squirrel requires PHP4 and Pearl Support. The script runs on PHP4. However the configuration tool is a .pl (pearl script). I hope this helps someone.
AlienSeeder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: