Error in Linux: Cannot change the current working directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malamute
-

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Error in Linux: Cannot change the current working directory Reply with quote

Abyss seems to be having trouble writing to its config file. The console says the disk is either full (which it isn't in my case), or permissions are set incorrectly. Abyss sends an error message to the linux console prompt saying "Cannot change the current working directory to /root/abyssws
Cannot change the current working directory." (/root/abyssws/ being the directory under which I currently am running Abyss)

I tried setting a ton of different combinations with chown and chmod and still get the error over and over. I've even tried deleting the config file and letting it create a new one. Nothing seems to help.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Error in Linux: Cannot change the current working direct Reply with quote

malamute wrote:
Abyss seems to be having trouble writing to its config file. The console says the disk is either full (which it isn't in my case), or permissions are set incorrectly. Abyss sends an error message to the linux console prompt saying "Cannot change the current working directory to /root/abyssws
Cannot change the current working directory." (/root/abyssws/ being the directory under which I currently am running Abyss)

I tried setting a ton of different combinations with chown and chmod and still get the error over and over. I've even tried deleting the config file and letting it create a new one. Nothing seems to help.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

You should run in your case the program as root. The proble is that AByss Web Server cannot write the file abyss.conf because the current user has no right to create ot to write the file in the program directory.
So check the permissions and run the program using the correct user.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: