Just stopped working....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel Sanctuary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Just stopped working.... Reply with quote

yeah, so that's it , one minute the little globe was turning the next , i get "server unavailable" and the abyss server is still running yet it doesn't work.....wtf gives? no changes were made to it, it worked fine then just didn't......PLZ HELP MEEEE!!!!
Vader_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Just stopped working.... Reply with quote

Do you have a Firewall? If you do, check to see that it isn't blocking the server port.
Otherwise, make sure you are using the correct port...
Angel Sanctuary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no firewall, no new software , correct port , i didn't change anything, it just stopped working all of asudden
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel Sanctuary wrote:
no firewall, no new software , correct port , i didn't change anything, it just stopped working all of asudden

Check your browser to see if it really connects to 127.0.0.1 for example.
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is dumb but if every thing fails, save configuration files and reinstall.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: conf corrupt, abyss doesn't work, stops Reply with quote

Abyss has stopped working on me a few times and when I gone into it to find out what the hell happened chances are the configuration file always somehow got corrupted and would reset...

Check your configuration file... Open it with a text editor and look through it and check to see if it did reset... If it did you have to reconfigure it... Unless you have a backup - restore it...

It happend to me a few times but luckily I always backup every few minutes... Good luck :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i don't think it's that because I've uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything over five times now and it starts working, but suddenly stops, i've had to resort to using *gulp* apache......-_-.......the horror......
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: No Joke, Backup your Configuration file Reply with quote

It is without a doubt a bug but I've not filed it because I am smart enough to always backup anything and everything I work on... It never really *bugged* me...

It seems upon exiting Abyss by right clicking the tray icon > stop and then right clicking it again to exit would reset the Abyss.conf file located in the programs root directory on Windows... Not all the time... I haven't pinpointed it yet as to how to exactly repeat it...

It doesn't happen all the time but the first few times it happened I just couldn't explain it... Luckily since I always make backups I had a good copy of the Abyss.conf file...

What happens when it resets is this... If you rely heavily on any kind of active languages all interpreters are reset, aliases are reset, etc... What happens is none of your pages that rely on active languages will be displayed when you attempt to reach them...

Though I've meant to file it as a bug with Aprelium it never really bothered me as I have a few backups right within the directory for easy renaming and it doesn't happen all the time...

Its the only bug I've found with Abyss but can easily be taken care of with a backup...

Good luck :)
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: configuration reset, stopped, stops working Reply with quote

On Windows XP...

I think I figured out why the configuration file resets and Abyss might just stop working... If you're using MySQL 3.23.55 on Windows and have WinMySQLAdmin and Abyss running at the same time try this out but first **BACKUP** the Abyss.conf file located in the Abyss root directory.

Using only the tray to stop and exit the applications first start with WinMySQLAdmin... Right click it > WinNT > Stop the service >Right click the tray icon again > WinNT > ShutDown this tool...

Right click Abyss in the tray > Stop > Right click the tray icon again > Exit...

Now go back to your Abyss root directory and look at the Abyss.conf file, is it 0KB in size? It means your configuration was reset and any active pages you had setup will no longer work along with other vital server configurations which can bring your service to a halt.

Can someone see if they can repeat this bug? PLEASE BACKUP FIRST!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: