Is there a mail server that works with Abyss?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chatline
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Is there a mail server that works with Abyss? Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know of a mail server wich works with Abyss. I cannot find one. Anyone using one? Pop3, IMAP, anything thanks :)

Chatline
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a mail server that works with Abyss? Reply with quote

Chatline wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a mail server wich works with Abyss. I cannot find one. Anyone using one? Pop3, IMAP, anything thanks :)

Chatline

Yes - Mail enable and PostCast.
Anything should work with abyss, there is no need to configure abyss for it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the word config so does that mean becuase all the other mail servers that i've installed doesn't work becuase I need to config abyss, correcty.

Don't worry if you didn't understand that I often don't make sence :D lol

Chatline
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chatline wrote:
I see the word config so does that mean becuase all the other mail servers that i've installed doesn't work becuase I need to config abyss, correcty.

Don't worry if you didn't understand that I often don't make sence :D lol

Chatline

I think I understand you correctly.
You will need to configure your mail server slightly(I cant guide you that much unless you tell me which) E.G. IP, Port, Helo.
And to send emails you will need to use a server side language like PHP(becuase I can guide you in this), you will need to configure the mail funcion in php.ini.

See this thread for more info :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Try hmailserver Reply with quote

I Installed hmailserver because i thought i had to have it for php as it turns out php scripts do send me mail via the hmailserver when people visit my site and i downloaded and installed a php script called squirrelmail to my web site and i can check and send e-mail via my mailserver from any internet computer hmialserver.com has a support forum and a cocky developer named Martin who will answer your questions about install problems (he'll be cocky about it though) also you may need an address for your IP Address if you dont already have one DynDNS.org will give you a yourname.therename.org type name for free(look for "dynamic dns services" or "statin dns services" there ) the hmailserver doesnt need to be configured to your web server but youll need to enter a email address in your php.ini file (theres a spot for it)
http://www.hmailserver.com
http://www.squirrelmail.org
http://www.dyndns.org

Last edited by alienseeder on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
hubson
-

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use ArGoSoft Mail Server which works fine and hardly anything to config on it.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
pom69
-

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: ArgoSoft, huh? Reply with quote

You say you got your ArgoSoft mail server working. Did you use the freeware version? Do you have a static or dynamic IP address? I tried getting mine to work the other day and I kept getting a DNS Timeout error.

I have a dynamic IP w/ a DNSExit account.

I'm just wondering if I would have better luck using hmailserver.

Anybody have any ideas?

(Also running Windows XP w/ SP2)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
alienseeder
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most internet service prividers block port 25 to prevent spaming you can call your isp customer support and ask them to open it so you can run a mailserver Most isps will, if you ask they are only blocking it for your security. However in hmailserver there is a "smtp relayer" which relays mail via your isps smtp mail server ie. I use Sbcglobal(yahoo) for dsl service so i use smtp.sbcglobal.net as the relayer and my mail sends just fine
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: