Get a server error 500 when logging in to PHPBB Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienseeder
-

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Get a server error 500 when logging in to PHPBB Forum Reply with quote

Hi Im Running Abyss X-1 on a windows XP Computer Iv e Followed the Directions for addinq ASP PEARL and PHP support to abyss I used the PHP4 Windows Installer as Recommended (PHPBB dont work with PHP5) I Have Mysql 4.1 and hmailserver And I have Gotten Past the "Old Password Issues" Between MySQL 4.1 and PHP4 and sucessfully installed PHPBB 2.0.15
and everything works pretty well i Generally dont have any problems running PHP scripts (ive tried a variety of free scripts) EXCEPT some times the PHPBB forum returns a "server error 500 No Page to Display" when siqning up or logging in (hitting the go Button in the browser always brings the forum right back and logged in) also i have the same problem with "PHPWebAdmin" a web based admin panel for the hmailserver which requires a log in Its like it only happens with some PHP scripts for example "SquirrelMail" (a web based check mail panel for hmailserver accounts) always works fine Im asking here first Because its a Server Error which makes me think its an Abyss/PHP Issue When i installed PHP4 the installer said a security measure cgi.redirect (or somthing) was enabled but could be disabled if it caused problems Is this a conflict with the redirect_status 200 value that had to be applied to Abyss when configuring it for PHP? Any way everthing works its just annoying to get the errors when logging in can abyss help me or should i go the PHP.net Forums for Help? Thanks and I Really Appriciate any help
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using PHP4 and MySQL V 4.0.24. This is the best combination to use for phpBB and other applications. PHP4 is compatible with most scripts.

If you have any more problems, go to www.TRUSTAbyss.com and look at the tutorials.
alienseeder
-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks the older mysql worked the tutorials were helpful no problems yet
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

;) glad i could help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: