Action Canceled Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConfusedGuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Action Canceled Error Reply with quote

After waiting about 30-60 seconds for the site to open when it says its loading, it then comes up with an "Action Canceled" page... 8O ivve tryed everything i know to do, but still get the action canceled page, however i don't get it when accesing the console.... Any ideas?

-ConfusedGuest
ConfusedGuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Nevermind...but Reply with quote

Well i figured out the problem was my IP adress change wich happens quite often with my cable provider, aparently at "random" times, wich is what the tech lady said, but would not say how often... my new problem is: Everytime the IP Changes, i must edit every single page to every link, and every backround to point at the new IP, is there any way to change this, or make it more simple, like a difrent way to make links so that others can stilla cess them but they point to localhost or something, anyone? :?:
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lucky, the soultion is nice and simple. Goto www.dynu.com and get a domain name. This allows you to use a easy to remmber, static word (in the form of MYSITENAME.dynu.com) in place of the ip.

Tip: Dont use links as site\dir\page.html use \dir\page.html, makes maintenence easier.

Need more info? just ask.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ConfusedGuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks Much. Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
Your lucky, the soultion is nice and simple. Goto www.dynu.com and get a domain name. This allows you to use a easy to remmber, static word (in the form of MYSITENAME.dynu.com) in place of the ip.

Tip: Dont use links as site\dir\page.html use \dir\page.html, makes maintenence easier.

Need more info? just ask.

Thank you much for the reply, this will make things a bit easier, but i guess i will still have to change the main IP everytime. 8O

-ConfusedGuest
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not needed, just download the client and forget about it! (well remmber to start it) The client will send your new ip to dynu every time it changes,
Cool huh?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: