ASP.NET Extension - Status

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0b
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: ASP.NET Extension - Status Reply with quote

As you may have heard, I have been working on an ASP.NET extension to work via ISAPI. I have finsished the coding as of a few minutes ago, but now I must fix all bugs and make it work. It seems to be because of COM+, but I will see how I can fix it. I should release the extension by next week if the bugs aren't that serious.

Ill keep you updated as I go. Right now, with full debugging support on, I get the following when trying a hello world page in the parser:

Code:

SERVER ERROR
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

It seems to be all because of COM+, my experience with it isn't anything near perfect, but I should be able to get it working if I decide not to sleep for the next 2 days. I won't make any more threads on this, I'll just keep posting updates here.[/code]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
b0b
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISAPI will not work do to a techological limitation of COM and ISAPI. They both use the same shared memory which kinda defeats the point using COM.

For the beta, I will have to use a CGI version which will mean you will get a beta much sooner than a ISAPI extension. While you find bugs and what-not, Ill try to see if there is anyway to do anything to solve the shared memory problem.

If MS is reading: Why did you make ECB and BSTR the same???
b0b
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: OMG!!! IT WORKS!!!! Reply with quote

It works. Used .NET Framework 1.1. But now I need to impliment POST support, do some testing and then release it to you to enjoy!

TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome that you got it to work , post a Beta tommarrow :-)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
b0b
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to name it: CGI.NET

I would release it, but there is not issue tracker setup right now to manage bugs, not to mention the issue tracker on ASP.NET won't run properly yet on it. Im gonna write a small bug tracker in ASP only because CGI.NET is way to slow (as of this post) to use even for testing.

The performance is gonna be slow (reaeeelly slow) if I release it right now, but if I have this whole week, I can get it to mimic the speed of ISAPI, as I will be using some serious memory power in .NET.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: