MySQL Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: MySQL Help Reply with quote

MSN: Conquest2025@hotmail.com

I'm having trouble creating databases, but I'm gonna have more questions once I get that going ;)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
thedane
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, first things first .. what's the problem ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: MySQL Help Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
I'm having trouble creating databases, but I'm gonna have more questions once I get that going ;)
thedane
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: MySQL Help Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Azrael wrote:

lol, k,

what IS the problem with creating it then.

have you read the manual
    have you got the proper permissions to setup a database in your environment
    have you successfully downloaded the database
    which version have you downloaded
    do you get any error message while creating the database?
    have you configured the ini files correctly
    etc etc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: uh dude Reply with quote

The manual is over 750,000 lines long. So don't be mean to him. I have the same problem
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: MySQL, Database, databases, creating, Reply with quote

Regardless of what OS you're on you should really try phpMyAdmin at http://phpmyadmin.net/

At first I thought it would be hard to play with so I turned it down and just thought I'll work with MySQL alone...

Biggest mistake I made for a while... Once phpMyAdmin is set up correctly it is the dream GUI in creating databases, passwords, grants, etc

Try it out and then tell us... It is not that hard to setup if you follow the install instructions... They have a quick install quide and I promise once you have it up and running on your server you'll be very happy you did as it makes dealing with MySQL very easy.

Goodluck :)
hasse
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Myadm is great. I didn't change anything after extracting the files. It works perfect for me.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: