Could I get some 1 on 1 help for installation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Could I get some 1 on 1 help for installation? Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I followed the instructions in the FAQ and it's not quite working.

MSN: Conquest2025@hotmail.com

That's my perferred way of contact.
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not post further details about what is going wrong/what the problem is?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Azrael
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't install PHP. If I knew what was happening I'd have probably fixed it ;)

I did get it installed though (with the help of vbgunz). Now I'm having problems creating databases :-/ I'm not sure where to start :oops:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: How do I use MySQL Reply with quote

Hello people :D
Before you begin, yes I have bought some books from amazon :) . Anyway I installed php4,and the latest MySQL. So what's next? How do I actually create the database? When I run mysql.exe, the program starts and then immediatly shuts down. Is this meant to happen?

Oh and does it matter where I install MySQL? I have abbyss installed under program files and MySQL installed under C:

Thanks,(Please reply)

sajid
www.snkhan.co.uk
www.thekhans.me.uk
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, shouldnt matter.
you don't run mysql.exe. Run winmysqladmin for any config changes, and when you run it the little traffic light goes green telling you mysql is running. and open phpmyadmin to create and edit tables. http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ get it here if you dont have it. You will need to set up config.inc.php to match your settings.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
datwig
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, hi people, first of all I have to ask: I got MySQL running, but it asks me for a username and password. How do I set this up? I know I don't need the username and password for turning MySQL on... please hel me thank you
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: