total newbie needs help! how do i get my page actually on?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: total newbie needs help! how do i get my page actually on? Reply with quote

I'm totally new at this. All I wanted to do was have a .net domain name. Now I'm a server? How does this work? Can I even put my own webpage up on the internet now? Little help here? E-mail me at Djstan627@aol.com
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm..If you don't even know what abyss is, or what it is for, why did you download it?

You can host your webpage on your own computer using this software, then point a domain to your ip. Was it a personal web server you were looking for, or free space hosted on another server?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: two choices Reply with quote

If you're on dialup host your site remotely with a good host. If you have a broadband connection thats always on you can host. If all you want is a domain go to http://www.godaddy.com and buy one there. If you wish to host your own webpages Abyss web server is definately made for it. Good luck :)

I would suggest you try your best to learn it. Go over the materials which are indeed very helpful and then ask your questions here on these boards. If worst comes to worst and you feel you're experiencing something that isn't right and you would like some one on one help you can IM me at vbgonzalez2003xp#vbgunz.com

Simply remove the # and replace it with an @ symbol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: