Errors loging in to my hosted site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sondgerothja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Errors loging in to my hosted site Reply with quote

Not sure if it's really a server or a software problem :oops: but.....

I've got PHP-Nuke installed...runs fine
I've got a CJB.NET account, that points to my site

When users try the CJB.NET domain, it won't let users login...
but when they use the direct IP link, it works fine....

Someone in a chat said something about "linking" but I don't understand.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

btw- great easy to use server!
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: troubleshooting your server Reply with quote

Just because you can access your server on your computer doesn't mean the rest of the world can. You must make sure anybody is able to freely access your site regardless of your linking style, IP or name...

Once you're sure the rest of the world can access your machine figure out if you have a dynamic or static IP address. Chances are if you're using the 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 or localhost to test your community the real underlying IP address is either most likely changing (dynamic) or could be incorrect.

If you have changed your port number to anything other than 80 you must also add the port number onto the end of the real IP address (http://127.0.0.1:portnumber). Never put the "www." in front of an IP address.

Those are some troubleshooting methods you can run through. I hope you get your site up and running and all as planned. If none of this helps you but you get it to work make sure to write back and tell us how you did it :)

--
Victor B. Gonzalez
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: