Solved php error going from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.2.2/1.2.3.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skol
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Solved php error going from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.2.2/1.2.3.0 Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my web-server from v1.2.1.0 to v1.2.2.2 and v1.2.3.0 the past year, although it would never work.
The problem was that after upgrading the web-server no pages could be seen, I would get an error saying: No input file specified

Well, after searching for the phrase "No input file specified" on google it came to my attention that it had to do with php.

So I started up the web-server console to see if there were some changes between v1.2.1.0 and v1.2.2.2/v1.2.3.0, all the configurations were the same for all the 3 different version of the web-server, although only v1.2.1.0 would work!

I found the problem by using the web-server console:
Home -> Server Configuration -> Advanced -> CGI Parameters
Interpreter: C:\Php\php.exe
Associated Extensions: php html htm l2x
With these settings v1.2.1.0 worked but not the later versions.

I upgraded to v1.2.3.0 and did the following change in order for the web-server to work:
Home -> Server Configuration -> Advanced -> CGI Parameters
Interpreter: C:\Php\php.exe
Associated Extensions: php l2x

By removing the extensions html and htm the webserver v1.2.3.0 finally worked!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why is because you where parsing html files as PHP , if you do this
then im sure PHP will give an error because its reading html files as PHP LateR!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought if you wanted to embed any PHP code in HTML pages you had to also associate .htm .html with the PHP interpreter?
k1ll3rdr4g0n
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought if you wanted to embed any PHP code in HTML pages you had to also associate .htm .html with the PHP interpreter?

Yup, I had this problem with apache for awhile until i figure out the solution a little bit afterwards. I know, I know this is Abyss Web server, but they both have the same concept.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out why the upgrade won't allow you to do this.

Temporary solution:
You could just rename your html files to php files and they'll still parse correctly.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Solved php error going from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.2.2/1.2.3.0 Reply with quote

skol,

The problem was totally solved with the new version 2.0. You can now associate PHP with any extension you want.
skol
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the reason to why it took so long for me to figure out where the problem was, is as Anonymoose said.
That in order for embeded PHP code in HTML pages to work correctly you had to associate .htm .html with the PHP interpreter.
Although with v1.2.2.2 and up it seems as it's not necessary to associate .htm and .html with the PHP interpreter for embeded PHP code in HTML pages to work, at least it's working for me.

Moxxnixx: I solved the problem by removing the extensions .htm and .html from the php interpreter and all the php code in html pages works just fine, there's no need to rename countless html pages to php, but thanks for the suggestion :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: