Will Awstats or a more robust log anazlyzer be implemented?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Will Awstats or a more robust log anazlyzer be implemented? Reply with quote

I came across the great walkthrough TheLinker so kindfully put up but it didn't work for me :( It seems he was talking about 4.1 and the awstats I've come across is 5.3...

Maybe their is no difference but I tried my best to follow the walkthrough but in the end I had no icons and the stats just weren't working :(

Do you have any plans to put in a better log analyzer? I know a servers job is just to serve but awstats is just such a compliment...

Abyss is great and I am just curious :)
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Will Awstats or a more robust log anazlyzer be implement Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:

Do you have any plans to put in a better log analyzer? I know a servers job is just to serve but awstats is just such a compliment...

We are working to improve Abyss Web Server as a web server. There are a lot of log analyzers there and many users prefer using their own lovely analyzer so why writing another log analyzer? It is a real pholosphical question. But our advice is to read the AWStats documentation to understand how to set it up (it isn't black magic, it is just a software.) You can also serach the web for another one (you can start by the list at http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Internet/Site_Management/Log_Analysis/ )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: