Personal Messages.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
senshi
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Personal Messages. Reply with quote

Could the forum administrator make a change as to how the PM's are set to alert the user, I dont use the email option, but what would be a help is if the messages text changed to a red colour to indicate you have some, it is something that I dont notice becaues it does not look that different then the no messages text.

Other forums have a large box on your returning visit appear as part of the web page with easy login or viewing of Personal Messages.

I ask because a few peopl have PM'd me and I dont want people to think that IM rude or ignoring them but it does help if the PM text was a different color if the returning member has some Personal Messages, maybe then I would be quicker at replying.

You have no new messages & you have 1 new message look too similar, even if the thing was made BOLD it would make a huge difference.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any popup blocking software? When I get a PM I get a popup informing me next time I visit the forum...
senshi
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I block ALL pop-ups because thats how my browser and machie got hi-jacked so I dont allow them period.

It would help if they refined the output to show in BOLD lettering or a different colour or BOTH!
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if you got a pop up blocker that recognises safe sites, or a browser that doesn't allow your machine to be hijacked...
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or FireFox...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be option B wouldn't it, "a browser that doesn't allow your machine to be hijacked" *sigh*
senshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I have a number of frontline defences that does the job very well.

As for browser, if wont make a difference bezcuse ALL browsers, no matter how well written will have bug that are not yet apparent , the more users a browser has, the higher the probability that a flaw or exploit is foud, if Firefor, Opera or one of trhe many other alternatives was popular or had the coverage that IE has, then you would betyour ass that yor borowser would be subjected to all sorts of attempts.

Its not as simple as use this browser or that browser it more of a case of how small is the gun? Bigger the gun the bigger the target.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Messages. Reply with quote

senshi,

OK. We promise nothing but we'll follow your advice ASAP.
Chatline
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
Have you got any popup blocking software? When I get a PM I get a popup informing me next time I visit the forum...

All you've done is selected that option in the profile section

Notify on new Private Message: Yes No
Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. Yes No
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point being that if you find it that hard to read "You have 1 new message" in the menu bar, you should select that option ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: