Problems with MS Access and PHP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
furyscorcher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Problems with MS Access and PHP Reply with quote

I have PHP installed, as well as MS Access XP.
When I try to install PHPBB 2 I select the MS Access option.
I don't know what to type in the DSN field and the database username and password.
As far as I know, I only installed MS Access and that's it. They didn't ask me to specify a username and password, nor did they tell me what the MS Access DSN was :cry:
Quote:
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\ABYSS WEB SERVER\htdocs\forums\db\msaccess.php on line 55
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

If I leave those fields empty I get those errors, and I don't know what to do. Is it necessary for me to do anything in MS Access (like create a database, which I don't know how to... :cry: )

Thank you
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with MS Access and PHP Reply with quote

Information about installing MS Access in PhpBB is available at http://www.phpbb.com/guide/phpBB_Users_Guide.html#section2_2 . To summarize, you should unzip a .mdb file provided in PhpBB installation package and your DSN is that file's path+name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: