Problem with my Images(IMG tag)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jzubiaga
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Problem with my Images(IMG tag) Reply with quote

Why the images of html and ASP that I serve with the web server don't Show up. But if I load my html file directly on the browser, the images show up.

If I open the source of the HTML served by the web server the IMG tag desapere.

Help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
olly86
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could we see the source code of the pages you've got problems with?

--
i would guess that you've set absolute paths (eg: C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\image\file.name). this would prevent the images being viewed by anyone who wasn't sat at the computer where the HTML files are being served from.

But without the source code it's difficult to workout the exact thing that's causing this problem.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always use paths that are relative to the site root, never use absoloute paths, you cannot just link to anything on your server, you have to either do 1 of two things...

create a folder in which to dump all the images and other items littered about your my documents folder and then add a virtual path to that folder, the folder would be best placed in the servers root (Not servers root, not site root!) and use the virtual path reference to that folder in your site code

OR

you move the actual images into the servers root path and use relative paths to the site root in your code

Unless you grasp this basic method of working with paths and folders, you will always have problems, it would be worth your while to stop and study the different methods of accessing content on your PC.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: