Phpmyadmin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Phpmyadmin Reply with quote

Ok... this is getting annoying... whenever I run phpmyadmin I get Access Denied. I set my username and password... it is the exact thing as in my.ini... does anyone know what is wrong with it? I am using the latest version of phpmyadmin. I asked for help a while ago... but no one even replied. I have been using root no password for a while now, but I want to use phpmyadmin to make it more secure... any help would be nice
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its just the plain old white 403 denied page then if your using windows, go to the php admin directory, and un-set 'read only', thats all I can think of.
}
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not a 403. When I enter my username and password to access phpMyAdmin, it gives me an access denied, not a 403
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like your left with uninstall -> reinstall :P I havn't installed phpMyAdmin on my server so I wouldn't know to much about it.
}
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that, almost 10 times already
tpowers
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-rc3 Reply with quote

This is the version I use. I have had 0 problems. The instructions with my version are complicated to me. I don't know if I can help or not. Can you open the index.php? (http://youraddress/phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-rc3/index.php)

Are you using MySQL?

Have you properly set the priviledges?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I set the priviledges? Do you mean in the Abyss console... if so, yes I did. I set the username and password in config.inc.php too.And yes I am using mySQL. I am using phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-rc1. The page works, but I get this error:

Quote:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-rc1

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'Zelath'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what version of php are you using (4 or 5)?
what version of MySQL are you using (4.0.+ or 4.1.+)?
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Php version - 4
mySQL version - 4.1.+
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the same problem, try using TRUSTpanks tutorial it worked for me

http://www.trustabyss.com/

I would uninstall phpmyadmin and try again with TRUSTpanks tutorial...

good luck...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that. That is what I used to install it. Everything is setup as it says there, but it does not work.
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I get this error:
Quote:
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Ugh... if I use mySQL 5, mysqld-nt.exe crashes when I add a user to the table... when I use mySQL 4, I get the error above
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what operating system are you using. I was having that problem on my computer that was runing win98...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also try leaving password and username blank in config.php file,
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Pro
Hunted
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I still am not able to get it to work... any ideas?
leawildcat
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: This worked for me Reply with quote

Try the instructions here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html

You have to do this from the DOS prompt and negotiate to your mysql/bin folder. Start mysql with whichever mysql?.exe option you use. For example I start mine with mysqld, but I think I read you start yours with mysqld-nt. Once you get the mysql> prompt enter the information just like they have it. That should fix the error.

Hunted wrote:
Ok, now I get this error:
Quote:
Error

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Ugh... if I use mySQL 5, mysqld-nt.exe crashes when I add a user to the table... when I use mySQL 4, I get the error above
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: