Upgrading to X2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajgiampa
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Upgrading to X2 Reply with quote

I'm looking to host an additional website on my PC, which has been running the X1 version of Abyss for years serving just one website. I'm considering purchasing the X2 version of the software.

Does the X2 version have to be downloaded and installed separately, and thus reconfigured. I don't want to take the existing site offline and reconfigure everything if I don't have to - I'd prefer to just "unlock" the virtual hosting feature to add the second website. Is there instructions about how to best perform an upgrade from X1 to X2 published somewhere?

Thanks...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup package will automatically upgrade X1 to X2 during the installation. Make sure you copy the abyss.conf and rename it so that if something does go wrong it can be fixed.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrading to X2 Reply with quote

ajgiamp,

The upgrade from X1 to X2 is transparent and takes only a few seconds.

All you have to is to run the installer of X2 (available for download after the purchase). X2 installer will detect your previous installation of X1 and will offer to upgrade it. If you accept, it will preserve all your previous settings and your already setup web site with all its documents and parameters (the upgrade itself does not take more than a few seconds). You will also be able to continue working with your already configured host.

Thank you for your interest in X2 and please feel free to contact us if you have any other question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: