cgi-bin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:31 am    Post subject: cgi-bin Reply with quote

So i've answered couple of question now time to make one,
this sofware work realy good but have a major weekness, file listing in cgi-bin is enabled by default wich is not alwais good. so my question is :

is it possible to disable file listing in a directory

and also i cant get the acess control page to work
anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing how we enable subdirectory such as search.host.net
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: cgi-bin Reply with quote

anonymous reader wrote:
So i've answered couple of question now time to make one,
this sofware work realy good but have a major weekness, file listing in cgi-bin is enabled by default wich is not alwais good. so my question is :

is it possible to disable file listing in a directory

Just drop an empty index.html file in the cgi-bin (simple ???)

Quote:
and also i cant get the acess control page to work

Please read http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=544 .
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous reader wrote:
another thing how we enable subdirectory such as search.host.net

This is not related to the web server. You should configure the DNS name search.host.net to link to your computer IP.
anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man it was so simple i forbet about that one ... but then we have to do that in every subdirectory but that's fine if it's the only way...

also i used to use cgi script to upload/edit content when i was on other server, now i just tougth it would be cool to have a basic upload manager in the control panel.

While waiting the ftp version of this great product, i tougth i could hack my way to do it by addind a upload icon in the ctr pannel that point to somewhere either in the cgi bin or in the control panel dir

if chl file are only html then adding an icon would be easy, but for the rest do you have a tip or anything i could start with?

srry for my bad english
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHL is mostly, kinda, sorta html it just has those freaky CHL Vars, the ^@VARNAME^, but hummm. Aprelium, can you put CGIs in the chl folder?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DLashley
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not simply just go into the console and turn directory file listing to OFF???

That way, folks who try to view your default directories will get a 403 Forbidden error.

Or maybe you can use .htaccess to keep your directories from being viewed??? You can use .htaccess with Abyss Web Server, can't you? :?

Last edited by DLashley on Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprillum has put an access control list into AWS. i think its <console url>\users.chl
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
anonymous reader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acess only allow/deny, no listing privilege

also while working with my idea i had a sever cannot run and files have to be repared error or something like that do you use crc check to all file, the only change i've made is rename about to manage

on another note supose in the cgi-bin we have a subfolder and then we make an alias to that subfolder then cgi display as plain text
jasonvigil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Thats not right Reply with quote

That aprelium keeps posting that subdomains have nothing to do with the web server software. YES IT DOES! :P I had a different web server called XITAMI a few months ago and it had the option to make subdomains. It had a web interface just like Abyss Web server and it did not use a CGI script to create it. How do you explain that? :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason maybe you were high or something??? 8O
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Thats not right Reply with quote

jasonvigil wrote:
That aprelium keeps posting that subdomains have nothing to do with the web server software. YES IT DOES! :P I had a different web server called XITAMI a few months ago and it had the option to make subdomains. It had a web interface just like Abyss Web server and it did not use a CGI script to create it. How do you explain that? :?: :?: :?:

Xitami can host multiple domains if you have these domains already registered. But it doesn't register or create a subdomain for you. We know that it is a little bit technical, but please read some documentation about DNS to understand how these domain/subdomain names work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: