How point domain to my pc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherjil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: How point domain to my pc Reply with quote

I m using following things:
-WinXP Pro
- P3 550hz
- 56k Dail Up Connection.
-----------------
I have domain name i-e www.masooms.net
now how to point that domian to my PC. I donot know about Routers or any thing else because i m web designer.
sherjil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: host name / ip Reply with quote

what should i write in HOST NAME column in my domain account. And in IP i will write my IP.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: host name / ip Reply with quote

sherjil wrote:
what should i write in HOST NAME column in my domain account. And in IP i will write my IP.

Please ask the question to the domain registrar (the company from which you bought the domain name). This isn't a web server issue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"56k Dail Up Connection. " ???

it's very slow... 8O
jasonvigil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Got Your Answer! Reply with quote

I have my domain name pointing to my computer. Check out http://www.dns2go.com . There is a small $19 per year charge for each domain name. It runs as a system service so it runs automatically when you turn on your computer. Its mostly for people with a dynamic ip address (an ip address that changes each time you connect to the internet). You probably have a dynamic IP address. If you have DSL, cable internet, satellite, etc. you probably have a static IP address (does not change). This will also work with dns2go! Hope this helps you![/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: