setting the #!/usr/bin/perl path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ionut

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: setting the #!/usr/bin/perl path Reply with quote

I just downloaded a cgi counter, and for install it tells me to modify the path #!/usr/bin/perl to my path and in anothe file the path were is the countyr.cgi file, so for example if my counter .cgi file is in c:\...\htdocs\counter\counter.cgi I must tell the path like ./counter/counter.cgi? it's taht true ? the htdocs is my "root", and I dont't know how to set the path #!/usr/bin/perl because my perl is installed like C:\perl\bin\perl.exe, so this i s the path #!c:/perl/bin ??? i tried a lot of ways but i don't get the right one PLEASE HELP ME.... i user abyss server for windows, and windows 98, my abyss path is C:\program files\abyss.... and perl c:\perl\bin\perl.exe......I need you help can you ?????
Thanks
ionut

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: something for up ^ Reply with quote

<!--#exec cgi="./counter.cgi"--> it tells to put this on my web page to acces the counter.... i must set this path how if i put the counter file in ./cgi-bin/ is ok c:\programfiles\abys..\cgi-bin

this server supports this <!--#exec cgi="./akatime.cgi"--> i must put the qutes on the path? it must be <!--#exec cgi="./akatime.cgi"--> or <!--#exec cgi=./akatime.cgi-->
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: setting the #!/usr/bin/perl path Reply with quote

ionut wrote:
I just downloaded a cgi counter, and for install it tells me to modify the path #!/usr/bin/perl to my path and in anothe file the path were is the countyr.cgi file, so for example if my counter .cgi file is in c:\...\htdocs\counter\counter.cgi I must tell the path like ./counter/counter.cgi? it's taht true ? the htdocs is my "root", and I dont't know how to set the path #!/usr/bin/perl because my perl is installed like C:\perl\bin\perl.exe, so this i s the path #!c:/perl/bin ??? i tried a lot of ways but i don't get the right one PLEASE HELP ME.... i user abyss server for windows, and windows 98, my abyss path is C:\program files\abyss.... and perl c:\perl\bin\perl.exe......I need you help can you ?????
Thanks

You can bypass the use of the line #! if you follow our PERL installation guide. The use of this line is needed on UNIX systems only.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: something for up ^ Reply with quote

ionut wrote:
<!--#exec cgi="./counter.cgi"--> it tells to put this on my web page to acces the counter.... i must set this path how if i put the counter file in ./cgi-bin/ is ok c:\programfiles\abys..\cgi-bin

this server supports this <!--#exec cgi="./akatime.cgi"--> i must put the qutes on the path? it must be <!--#exec cgi="./akatime.cgi"--> or <!--#exec cgi=./akatime.cgi-->

You intend to use SSI (Server Side Includes) which are not supported by the current release of Abyss Web Server.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: setting the #!/usr/bin/perl path Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
You can bypass the use of the line #! if you follow our PERL installation guide. The use of this line is needed on UNIX systems only.

When you say "bypass the use of this line", do you mean delete it from the beginning of the script, or that just setting the server's configuration to allow windows registry to look for perl will bypass it automatically?

Another question....if you install a script with the .cgi extension in the cgi-bin, and have perl installed, do you need to enter "cgi" as well as "pl" in the associated extensions? Do you change the script's extension to .pl or can you leave it as .cgi ?

Also, if you install the latest version of "Active Perl", you will have several different 'perl.exe' files in your "C:\Perl\bin" folder. Which one do you want to place the path to?

Finally, my script asks me to edit the URL of some images as well as the "Real Path" to a text file. By "real path", does it mean something like C:\Program Files\**\** or C:/Program Files/**/** (or am I completely wrong with both)? And since my IP changes dynamically, can I use a domain like DNS2GO as the URL to these image files...or do I have to use my IP address?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: