Portforwarding Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Crow
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Portforwarding Help Reply with quote

Ok I've been trying to set this server up but I can't do it, so I finally broke down and came here to ask for help.

Here it goes. Ok I read this thread http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3806 it really didn't help to much other than he said we should portforward. So I went to www.portforward.com and couldn't find my modem name. Speaking of modem name mine is Prestige 600 series. I couldn't find that modem.

When I give people this IP 66.231.20.108 to test my site won't come up. On my computer a username and password box comes up.

Does anyone know a way to port forward my ADSL Modem?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention I set up a static IP adress, I doubt you need that info but I put it anyways.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only port forward if, You have a network set up, a router, or if your modem has the abilitie to port forward, also, you must login into your modem to do such stuff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you paying for a static IP? if not then you have just gave yourself a static IP on your LAN. You more that likely have a router, no?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Paying for a Static IP, I followed some tutorial at www.portforward.com.

I'm routerless at the moment.

I said the wrong modem name, its the Prestige 623-41 there is a tutorial on how to portforward that one at portforward.com. On the bottom it says ADSL Dual Link Router.

Here is the tutorial how to portforward my modem.

Seems like I'm having the same problems as this guy http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4753
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: