The 3 hundredth-million topic on how....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICY-ME
-

Location: Ya know, I'm actually not sure. Location, now that's a great word, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: The 3 hundredth-million topic on how.... Reply with quote

get my site on line with a linksys router! i can't get an admin page to come up, i have read the manual, and there is nothing in there to help, and i'm on win 98 SE. please someone run me through a tutorial or something, please??? i love abyss.
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the tastbar on the start menu, their should be any abyss icon. Click on it and abyss will open, their you will be able to configure the console port.

For expample if your console port is 9999, you will be able to access the console at http://127.0.0.1:9999
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If others can't view your site (and if you haven't changed your Linksys router, then they won't be able to):

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3806
-

Location: Ya know, I'm actually not sure. Location, now that's a great word, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr inanimate, i have read that (damn) topic about 50 times, and i still can't access my linksys admin cp. it doesn't matter what i type in, it just doesn't work. any help? or an i just screwed?

edit:sorry guys, don't mean to be a jerk , i'm just mad. i sure wish i could get to the admin panel of my linksys router. thanks all.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICY-ME wrote:
mr inanimate, i have read that (damn) topic about 50 times, and i still can't access my linksys admin cp. it doesn't matter what i type in, it just doesn't work. any help? or an i just screwed?

Ah, so you don't know the password for the router?
Well the default is a blank username with a password "admin" so try that. If you can't get in that way, read this.
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean i can't even get the login box to come up.hmmm.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have read the manual on the Linksys?
Try entering 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 from your IE browser. It should have login/PW dialog windows.

Since you did not provide specific model of linksys. I assume this one. But basically, most Linksys model will have the same default setting.
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befsr41V3_ug.pdf
See page 17 from this PDF manual for BEFSR41 router.
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i may sound very stupid, but i just found this out last night. a router is different from a network adapter, right? because i can see, and even pull out (to a certain extent) my network adapter (which is a USBTX model, look on www.linksys.com ), but i can't find my router. could it be built into my cpu? it's a pretty old pc, still running win 98, but it works pretty good. I have a cable modem, which goes like this (this is how my connection runs like):

From the phone line pole, the cable line comes into my house, through my wall > Then into my surfboard modem > then out of the modem as a (i'm pretty sure) phone jack looking wire into my router > then the phone jack plugs into my network adapter > then comes out as a usb connection (from the adapter), > to the usb 4 port hub > into my cpu > and out on my screen.

that should be right

does that help at all?
later,
icy.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm....
Come by me again....? Which item do you have from Linksys?
http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=36&scid=44
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i think that my router is built in to my pc, and that's how it came. is that possible? this is really ticking me off. confusing also. it's always like this. i try to do something relativly simple, and it doesn't work! darnit.
thanks 4 all help m8'
icy
ICY-ME
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and sorry, i'm not at home, so let me check the model that i think is built into my pc when i get there , ok? ;-)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to sound rude and unprofessional here.
Do you have a router or something in between your PC and your ISP? Can you provide that link of that particular product? Without concrete information, you simply shooting blank and hitting the target will be almost to impossible. If you do not know the basic of PC, you may need some one that do know something about PC. From your very first post to now, I do not see anything concrete to go by except guesses. If you truly need help, please have information or specific about the item / situation etc that someone may come across your problem and willing to help. At this current issue, sound like you are testing the reader patience and wasting Aprelium resources.

If your item is a linksys. Please provide the model. Linksys is just the name of the maker. Linksys make alot of model for different application.

Router builtin your PC....? It maybe possible but so far you have not telling how it work or the function of it and or the configuration of that PC router.
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this may help. there is something listed under my network panel as 'HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter'. i can't find any actual hardware for it, so it must be built in, right? confusing, at least for me!
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter - I belived this is your NIC (network card) from your PC.

I belived the whole thing is beyond your comprehension. If you still want to have a webserver, you may need to have someone knowledgable in this task. Have this person install / setup / configure everything needed to run and provide you instruction afterward to maintain the basic. Check with your friend / family mamber first or otherwise your local PC shop with webserver experiences.

Abyss is fairly simple webserver for personal use, BUT still, you will need some basic PC knowledge to get you start it. Starting a webserver [any type / brand / make] have several task / stage you need to perform.
1. Abyss [webserver] - setup and configuration
2. Network structure / topology
3. How data get in/out to Abyss
4. Security from WAN / LAN
5. Website pages.
I think I have cover some general above. Setting-up and configuring Abyss is just one task. All tasks above need to function / working correctly before you have a working / functional webserver.

Please do not take this as "put-down" or rude or discouraging but as suggestion.
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, dude, i know so much about pc's it's scary. it may not sound like it, but i do. just figures that that would be the one thing i didn't know. lol. i know tons, so if u want, go ahead and guide me through. thanks!
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.... from benefit of doubt.
Tell me / us about your topology of your LAN? This should be simple enough. If you do know, please be specific. From this specific, I may get some idea what going on.

If there no information from you to go by, it will be very difficult to help you. The only little information to nothing is Linksys and Abyss as your webserver. Other than these info, I have no clue except you have problem or trouble of login.

As for other lurker, if you see any info or insight of what going on with ICY-ME problem or information he may have provided that I miss, please point me to that info.

This are my list of summeries regarding ICY-ME post -
1 and 2 - indicated Linksys admin
3 - Login in problem from Linksys
4 - have USBTX model
5 - indicate there a router maybe built-in a PC
7 - Indicate HPEN1207D-TX 10/100
8 - Indicate know a tons of PC except for this mysteries thing.

Linksys / HPEN1207D-TX 10/100 / possible PC Router

I will check one more reply from you. If next reply have empty info to go on, I will stop and assumed lost.

During the meantime, if you have linksys, check from my previous post regarding linksys and the link. That should help regarding about PW/Login for router. Or you can goto the Tutorial section. There many user have resolved their problem. And those user normally do not have "tons" of PC experience but still can fix the issue that user have.
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i don't have more than one pc, and it is on a cable modem. i think as i said tha the router is built in. i don't know, but you seem to ! there isn't reallty a lan, except for this pc. thanks
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I definitely know or can assumed, you have no idea what you have. To be frank; I do not believe you know if the computer in front of you either a PC clone / brand type or Mac / Apple [maybe an Abacus?].

From your first and to current post, you have not show me any info or any such detail to help you further. I simply ask is to state your equipment and how your network setup by the following:
Make / Model of the equipement
How your network look like / description.

So far, the only thing that make since was your topic -
"The 3 hundredth-million topic on how...."
From these hundred-million topic, one of them will fit your situation.

Suggestion - Find someone know a ton of PC plus an ounce more to check your PC and it setup / configuration. Then your problem may see a gimpse of light ahead[maybe]. Make sure that person with extra ounce know how to check for model / make / brand / network etc.

Again, sorry for being unprofessional / rude. My ¼ grams PC experience do not seem to make any headway from your tons of PC experience. Maybe it just to heavy. This will be my last post to you. I consider this close until further specific info. provided to do / suggest anything.

... Please Help US to Help you Better ...
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, ok. *blank* it. forget that i ever said i knew tons, because there is no way to prove it to you. whatever. i don't even care. i still like abyss, but my router (is that right CapFusion???) is pissing my off. no, none of the other topics fit my description/problem.
bye
-me
and i do god d*mn know very well that my pc is a HP Pavilion 8575C, and not a clone or whatever you may think.
if you want to continue this, (i don't know why you would), send me a pm. that would be better that posting in the topic.
Olliecollie
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: no config Reply with quote

If you have a cable modem, then you have no config....
Your provider does alle that stuff
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: