Zpanel Tutorial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
creativeyonder
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Zpanel Tutorial Reply with quote

First off all I would like to thank aprelium for releasing such a reliable and free webserver :) Helped me make me hosting business be a success!

Now onto the Zpanel tutorial, it confused me for a bit until I had a 2nd attemtp and managed to get it running - But this if for people who dont understand at all..

Requirements
- Webspace - www.aprelium.com :)
- PHP Support - www.php.net
- MySQL Database - www.mysql.com or www.freesql.org
- PhpMyAdmin

1) First of all extract all the files to a folder on somewhere convienent like your desktop, then using an FTP program like Filezilla or WS-FTP upload all the contents to your webspace on a directory called zpanel, you then have to CHMOD the directory, this is easy. Right click on the zpanel directory > File Attributes > Tick all the boxes or enter 777 in the box.

2) You then need to make a database (you can get one from www.freesql.org) Follow the instructions on www.freesql.org, and login to PhpMyAdmin - The simply enter a database name like: zpanel and click submit/create! Now your database is ready,

3)Go to http://yoururl.com/zpanel/admin/install.php you should now be looking at Zpanel setup, if not then check youve uploaded everything correctly and you got the right address.

In '$db_host' put localhost if your hosting the MySQL your self, and for freesql yourusername.freesql.org (you might want to check that, as it varies)

In '$db_user' put your username you configured or the username you choose at freesql.org

In '$db_pass' put your password your configured or the password you choose at freesql.org

In '$db_name' put in the database name you choose on freesql.org or on your own MySQL setup.

4) Click continue, you should then be looking at another page asking for your name and admin username etc. Just fill that in as you want, after that stage is completed its all easy sailing.

If it keeps returning you to the "your name, admin name, password" page it means that its not been able to store the information on your SQL database. Simply browse to zpanel/database and delete mysql file, and try your the setup again.

Hope this is any good :) I've tried lol. Goodluck with your Zpanel!
Cheers
Ryan - www.gatewayservers.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4260 O_o
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh. Well, yours does cover use of FreeSQL etc too... Not a complete waste of your time :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: