Perl not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turbopp
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Perl not working Reply with quote

Hi the perl scripts in my cgi-bin directory are not working.... these are simple scripts that only show you the path of your cgi bin locations etc... when I call this script I get this:

#!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"; print < EndOfHTML foreach $key (sort(keys %ENV)) { print "$key = $ENV{$key}
\n"; } print "";

Like I said it is a really simple script that works on all of the other web servers... but not on this one.. Im thinking of reinstalling the web server but Im not sure if it will work? Can any one shed any light?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Perl not working Reply with quote

Turbopp,

Install Perl support in Abyss Web Server as explained in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/perl.html . Then set the extension of file where the Perl code is to .pl or .cgi (for example test.pl or test.cgi) and put it somewhere in your web site directory.
Either remove the first line starting with #! or set "Resolve the interpreter using the #! line" to "No" in CGI Parameters. Save you settings and restart (in the console.)
Now browse your Perl script and it should work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: