more problems, sorry :p

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the whackaxe

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: more problems, sorry :p Reply with quote

ever since I installed abyss (not 100% sure but nearly) abyss, i cannot view .png's in my browser? isthis due to abyss or is it something else .
i am using internet explorer 6.0. if this has nothing to do with abyss tell me and i will go and ask someone else :P
thanks fer the help

-the whackaxe
skippy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... if the software cannot display it from your server, then you could add the file-type to your MIME-files, but I think this has nothing to do with the server-software, because it doesn't make changes to your browser at all
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skippy wrote:
well... if the software cannot display it from your server, then you could add the file-type to your MIME-files, but I think this has nothing to do with the server-software, because it doesn't make changes to your browser at all

The problem is not related to Abyss Web Server. It'll happen with any PNG image serverd over the internet.
You may notice that when you right-click on a PNG image and select "Show picture", it will be displayed correctly.
We've experienced the same problem when using Internet Explorer with Quicktime installed on the computer. Quicktime associates PNG images to it-self and so it intercepts default PNG displaying by the browser.
the whackaxe

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing is i dont have quick time but is there any way of me knowing what program is munching the png's
this is also very annoying for the abyss console because i just get some red boxes instead of the other buttons
thanx fer the help
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whackaxe wrote:
thing is i dont have quick time but is there any way of me knowing what program is munching the png's
this is also very annoying for the abyss console because i just get some red boxes instead of the other buttons
thanx fer the help

A quick way to solve your problem is to download theOopera navigator from www.opera.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: