Cannot start the webserver [listening problem]

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Cannot start the webserver [listening problem] Reply with quote

8O Help! My port is being used by another application and I don't know how to make it stop. The server wont run without this port being open. I've already deleted the other software but it still says the port is being used. Help! 8O
the whackaxe

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you dissinstalled it or have you deleted it? you should alwoys dissinstal a program otherwise you can get problems like these. are you talking about the server(port 80) or the console(port 9999 is default). if you are talking about the console then you can change the port but if you are talking about the server look press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and see if its there if it is then you may of removed not of entirlmy removed it. try looking in the registry at keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run

for any references to your program

-the whackaxe

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about the console, how can i change it?
the whackaxe

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you cant acces the server then open up abyss.conf in the abyss folder and then look for console port and change it to something else. then you should be able to start it normally
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whackaxe wrote:
if you cant acces the server then open up abyss.conf in the abyss folder and then look for console port and change it to something else. then you should be able to start it normally

A smooth way to do things is follow the instructions of the troubleshooting section in the documentation. This issue is discussed in depth there.

WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WRITING THE DOCUMENTATION, SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK ON IT WHEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: