How to copy ASP.Net source code from one system to another?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countkim
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: How to copy ASP.Net source code from one system to another? Reply with quote

When I create ASP.Net project in a computer and copy the entire source code into another system, then it does not work in the other system. The folder does not have the sln file. On searching I found the sln file in some other folder in the first system. I copied that too in the second system. Even updating file paths in the sln file does not help.
Is there any simple way?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: How to copy ASP.Net source code from one system to anoth Reply with quote

countkim,

The .sln file is not useful when hosting the application or running it with a Web server. The .sln file is the "Solution File" and contains the project information of Visual Studio.

The paths should be made relative the the root of the Web server (such as /dir/file.txt) and not absolute (such as http://mysite/dir/file.txt). Do not reference also files on your hard disk from the Web application using hard coded paths (such as C:\dir1\dir2\file.txt).
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: