New Error 503 Since Thursday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevnar
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: New Error 503 Since Thursday Reply with quote

Here's a funny one. I installed and ran Abyss with CGI/PHP last week. It ran find for several days. I got a lot of work done. It was great.

I go to continue this work on Monday, having changed nothing on my computer over the weekend, and now suddenly I'm getting an Error 503 when I run the exact same script that worked fine a couple days ago. I went into the Scripting parameters and switched it to CGI/ISAPI as the website suggests and now I get an error 500 instead.

So I switched it back to Fast CGI local pipes and saved the changes. After all, it worked fine like that a couple days ago so something else must be the problem. But now I'm stumped.

I even switched it from a windows service to manual startup, thinking maybe the service was having trouble. That changed nothing. I've wasted a whole day fighting with this thing. I got absolutely no work done. :-(

Any ideas, folks? What changed on my system to make this thing no longer work when it worked just fine as recently as Thursday? Thanks in advance.

(Windows 7 machine, AbyssX1 version 2.7., PHP v. 5.3.8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
kevnar
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved this one myself. It turns out a php editor I was using (code lobster) went through and buggered up my php.ini file. I reinstalled php and it works again. I also uninstalled codelobsters. Avoid it, if you can.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Beginner
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem too.
The polluter was XDebug with Netbeans IDE.
With the code xdebug_disable () at the start of the script, the problem is resolved (or xdebug.default_enable=0 in the php.ini).
Debugging is still possible.

Beginner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: