I FINNALLAY DID IT!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: I FINNALLAY DID IT!!!!! Reply with quote

Ok This Took me forever to figure out But I think it might look A ton better then the old site. Let me know!

Http://MetalHell.ServeMP3.Com

PS. I'm having a littlie problem with My redirect script I'm worrking on it though. You should be able to get to the site by following the link with np.
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool dude but 1 problem is that i cannot sign up and even my cookies are enabled it says restricted area when i go to sign up page and i cant do anything just view your website... but its cool i like it and also visit my website and sign up for free ftp account!
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the signing up thing, i won't have to insult you this post.

Good job.

\/

Agree'd, spiff up the front page to match the main page.

And instead of 20, make it 10; And remove that huge animated image, please! -.-;
http://quartermoon.info
http://loc.paeon-hosting.com
http://genjipoetry.paeon-hosting.com

Last edited by Karasu Kami on Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah a Portal site ;)

I dont like the front page.. doesnt look so great. and maybe not so many buttons ;o they dont go with the black, also, maybe cut it to 20seconds instead of 30?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: KEWL Reply with quote

I was gonna get rid of the Front page all together but i'm not sure how that works seeing as phpnuke is installed in my root directory instead of in my htdocs. also I'm still tryig to tweak out the bugs forgive me I'm not very familer with php, Its a miracle that I figure out this much without anyhelp....lol. Glad you like the new look.

ANGEL
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove everything in /htdocs, and make an alias.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

Ok Question, I have too other websites inside of Htdocs directory (not in the main folder but in directories. The question is if I remove all the html pages from inside the htdocs folder (leaving the other directories) do you think this would still work with the alias?

Thanks,
Angel

:)
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can always try it...?

Back up the directories first, though.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

Yeah dont worry I will definatly back it up. I'll let you know if things work.

thanks,
Angel
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your site looks pretty good. I must need to get a different editer than some of ya'll because front page 2000 I cannot get the effects ya'll get

http://unreal04.no-ip.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Angel
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: You need this Reply with quote

You need PHPNUKE, PHPMYADMIN And MYSQL to make websites like that if your unsure about using them dont worry its not entirely difficult I was able to get it togather without anything other then the tutorials in these forums Just make sure you follow the tutorials in this order:

MySql Http://www.MySQL.COM
PHPMYADMIN http://www.phpmyadmin.net
PHPNUKE Http://www.phpnuke.org

and just to reassure you I cant write php scripts you really dont need to know it to throw the webportal together especially with all the help available you also dont need to know to much about MYSQL because PHPMYADMIN take care of that. Even if you dont use phpnuke I would advise you to edit your website with Macromedia Dreamweaver it doesnt add all the extra html like frontpage does.

Angel
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, FrontPage only starts throwing in useless "FrontPage Extentions" if you tell it to. You just have to be really strict with it and not hit anything you don't know.

I understand what you're saying though.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Everything Works now Reply with quote

Ok I have the site up and running perfect now signups are working thanks for all your input guys.

Angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: