Dlink 704 router problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abyssme
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Dlink 704 router problems Reply with quote

To all who has the Dlink 704 router problems. I am using Dlink 704 router problems with my cable modem, and firewall with no problems at all. First of all, that I want to point out that Dlink router has an advance menu which you can select virtual server, special ap, packet filters, and misc. items options. I had to select "DENY" check mark in packet filter option for inbound and outbound filters to allow outside world to get to my pc. The source IP and destination ip I leave it blanks cause I don't have many pc to set stricter rules. In the virtual server set your ftp, web server to your internal ip addresses 192.168.x.x what ever that might be. The special ap option I check mark enable, incoming port I set "21,80,110,119,1024-65535" to trigger "80". Make sure your are login to 192.168.0.1 and be sure to change the default password. That should works with internal lan web server connections, and internet connection to your web/ftp server, etc.
Hope this help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
masa
-

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice help but i dont use a router sorry.
-

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to add, considering this is about D-Link, that D-Link DOES NOT support loopback. If you are trying to visit your external IP which has been routed to a computer on the same network as you, it will not work! You will receive a message such as "401 Access denied by Administrator" or something similar--maybe nothing at all.

If you still would like to visit your server via a computer on the same network, either use the internal IP, or use a proxy service (www.proxify.com or www.anonymizer.com or just search google for "proxy server").

Just hoping to stop some people from pulling their hair out.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have any problem with my DI-704, i just open the ports to the LAN IP of server and i can visit from all computers of the insternet and my LAN

Last edited by WolfRamiO on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WolfRamiO
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird thing its the two comps on my network dont wanna give acces between they...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE, D-Link 704 do support loopback.

WolfRamiO, two LAN node do not connect to each other simply mean your network setting maybe not configure correctly or there something like ICF / firewall is blocking between two node or there no sharing is enable. Are you trying to share resource like folder(s) or file(s) or printing etc?

If I understand this general comment correctly - "dont wanna give acces between they...".

If you can see webpage from looping from another PC but not LAN by typing in it LAN IP, then I would assumed you must have a firewall enable and set to accept incoming from outside IP source but not internal IP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: