SMTP Server URL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: SMTP Server URL Reply with quote

Hi all I am using this marvelous webserver however i'd rather not host my own SMTP server so do you guys know of any good ones? I would love the URLs of them please :D . Thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

euhm... i donīt think thatīs really possible... your SMTP is mostly together with your provider, in my case itīs @home, and my smtp server is "mail", if you got aol, your smtp is smtp.aol.com . You can ask this to your provider, they have the information

leave a message if u have any other questions :-)
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: SMTP Server URL Reply with quote

Jerry wrote:
Hi all I am using this marvelous webserver however i'd rather not host my own SMTP server so do you guys know of any good ones? I would love the URLs of them please :D . Thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D

You can host your own SMTP server in theory, nothing prevents you from doing that. There are such servers for example on download.com called "mail servers" (that's their usual name.) But most of them are not free and they are very complex (because mail serving is very complex.)
You can still use your provider SMTP server as !Jeys suggested. But all depends on what you want to do (sending mass mail, hosting mailboxes, or just sending some mails using a scripts.)
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SMTP Server URL Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
[strike]!Jeys[/strike] !Keys

Oh and btw, donīt use your own provider ass mass mailer.. just an advise, i tested a mailbom on my own email addy, server didnt like that and they knocked off my internet for 1 day... but like aprelium said, you can host your own smtp server, but i advise you not to do that, 1: it costs hell of a lot of memory of your computer and 2: too much work to get it working :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: