Another can,t connect from the internet, sorry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootneck
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Another can,t connect from the internet, sorry Reply with quote

I have followed the set up and other advice on the forums , but still do not seem to be able to connect to my server from the web.

I am sure abyss is set up correctly as I can access it from any other the other pc on my net work.

I have configured my linksys BEFsr 41 v4 as per the router set up site. forwarding port 80 to the internal address of my sever.

When I then try and connect via a proxy server I get no reply.

When I ping 80.80.190.86 my static ip address I get a return with 0% losses.

I struggled with this for months last year and in the end gave up and just left it as storage, I now have a little more time on my hands and have forgotten must of my frustration.

Any advice or pointers on where I am going wrong would be more than appreciated as I am not an IT wiz I just want to host a site for members of a local club.

The server running win xp pro with abyss x 2 v2.5

** I have just used a port checker and this gives me my ip address back but say it port 80 is not open and cannot be pinged, I have double check the router settings and its set to forward port 80 to my internal server ip*

** well apart from being treated like a fool for asking about port 80 by my isp :) I now know that part/port is working, as I set up a small server on my web book net work drive , which has full access to and from the net. I have disabled the firewall as a temp measure on the server and still no joy.*
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://80.80.190.86:8080/

You have port 8080 open on your router/abyss/windows firewall, etc

If you move it all to 80 correctly, and it's still not working, your ISP probably does not allow connections over 80 w/o paying for a business/commercial connection.
-

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, so if that ports open, which it appears it is . I will move everything on to port 80. I rang my isp, not very impressed, basic said I must have port 80 open or I would not be able to access my internet ? I did nop pursue it any further.
pudnik
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Setting Up Abyss to run on a VPS... Reply with quote

OK, I've got Abyss working on my Fedora 15 box. I can access the server from the box (localhost), and access it via its LAN address (192.168.1.x).

Now, I wanna setup Abyss on my VPS on HostGator. My VPS does not have a domain name, but has an IP address exposed to the public internet (96.125.169.138).

Question 1: Is running Abyss X1 on a VPS allowed

Question 2: If that is allowed, how do I configure ABYSS.CONF so that the server will accept requests coming in to my VPS IP address, such as:

http://96.125.169.138/index.php

Thanx in advance for any replies,

Pudnik
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting Up Abyss to run on a VPS... Reply with quote

pudnik wrote:

Question 1: Is running Abyss X1 on a VPS allowed

Sure. A VPS is like a normal computer so there is nothing preventing the software from running on it.

Quote:

Question 2: If that is allowed, how do I configure ABYSS.CONF so that the server will accept requests coming in to my VPS IP address, such as:

http://96.125.169.138/index.php

There is nothing to do. Most VPS are directly accessible so there is no need to configure anything (router or firewall). The default setup parameters will make the server accessible as you wish.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: