Prevent script execution in one directory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Prevent script execution in one directory? Reply with quote

I'm about to set up a public file repository on my server, and I'd like to prevent people from uploading and running PHP scripts in this folder.

I can't find anything about preventing PHP from running in one directory, everything seems to deal with enabling extra directories.

Basically, I don't want PHP to execute any scripts in c:\htdocs\path\

The problem of course bing that PHP is set to execute all scripts in c:\htdocs\, and in this case \path\ is one of a hundred folders, so I can't easily enable PHP in every folder EXCEPT this one. Instead, I want to allow PHP everywhere but here.

Any advice?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the best solution I've found to this is to put the files in a directory outside \htdocs\ and use a PHP script to fetch the required file when requested: fetch.php?file=/path/to/file.gif

This works, except that PHP and Windows combine to make a force entirely unfriendly to Japanese files.

If anyone's keen on this, here's the script I used. It works perfectly, except for double-byte (non-English) filenames.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

I managed to solve the problem using a URL rewrite:

Code:
^/path/(.+\.php)

Any requests for *.php in the /path/ folder will result in a 404 error.

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Problem solved Reply with quote

Lawrence,

That's a good solution and we wouldn't have recommended better. In the future, the scope of each part of the configuration will be more flexible.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: