Really cool Abyss thing about ASP.NET and ASP Classic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckaroobanzai
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Really cool Abyss thing about ASP.NET and ASP Classic Reply with quote

I was using Abyss for quite a while now. I started with static html pages then my clients wanted database driven dynamic asp pages and now everything is going ASP.NET.

After extensive development in ASP I figured I should slowly convert the site to ASP.NET but I have a learning curve as I am new to ASP.NET. Maybe I'm not doing it right but I found when I did a .aspx page that it is slower to recall records than the .asp pages.

I also found that there are certain things I can do in ASP Classic that I don't know how to do in .NET.

I found if I google up problems that more and more of the results are .NET solutions as opposed to ASP Classic solutions.

I switched the settings in Abyss to do ASP.NET in a certain folder and I found that I can actually run BOTH .asp AND .aspx pages!

I thought that is awesome!! It means if I get stuck doing something in ASP Classic or .NET that I can do a solution either way. It also means that if I can't get something to run fast enough in .NET that I could just stick with a .asp page.

If required I can even switch over the pages bit by bit and one at a time and run on a mixture of .asp and .aspx pages. In other words www.mypage1.ASP can link to mypage2.ASPX etc.

I just think this is so awesome that I should post a message up!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Really cool Abyss thing about ASP.NET and ASP Classic Reply with quote

buckaroobanzai,

Thank you for noticing that and writing about it. This is a great article that may help some die hard classic ASP developers to make the transition to ASP.NET smoothly without writing everything from scratch.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: