I really need help bad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geosters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: I really need help bad Reply with quote

For about 3 day's i have been trying to get the server to work (works great local) but it hasn't work on other computers, i have windows nt, D-link Router model DI-614+, If someone can help thanx. i have laos read other post but they didn't help, you can contact me from AIM which is geosters or e-mail geosters@yahoo.com. Also i do like the server ALOT, i have tried alot of other ones but this one is the best, i already installed php and mysql, once i can get it to work global i will put alot of other things. Any way thanx for the great server you people made :).
geosters
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one will help me :(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: I really need help bad Reply with quote

Geosters wrote:
For about 3 day's i have been trying to get the server to work (works great local) but it hasn't work on other computers, i have windows nt, D-link Router model DI-614+, If someone can help thanx. i have laos read other post but they didn't help, you can contact me from AIM which is geosters or e-mail geosters@yahoo.com. Also i do like the server ALOT, i have tried alot of other ones but this one is the best, i already installed php and mysql, once i can get it to work global i will put alot of other things. Any way thanx for the great server you people made :).

Sorry we hadn't catched your post. Please read a similar topic at http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=601 .
You should read the manual of your router to know how to make your web server available to the outside world. We can give only general rules but details depends on the device you use. You can also ask your router's technical support about how to do (this isn't specific to Abyss Web Server, it must be done with any web server you install on your LAN.)
quinto98@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: This may help... Reply with quote

What you need to do is log into your router and and setup port forwarding. Default for HTML is port 80. So forward information coming into your router from port 80 to the static ip of your webserver.

That should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: