Banning IP addressses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mnet:Web
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Banning IP addressses Reply with quote

Hi,
Anyone remember the security whole in IIS which lets people start CMD.exe ? Well people are *attempting* to do it now, Now what I want to do is ban that hackers IP so i dont get any more repeat attempts.

I know that your software wont let them in but it takes valuable bandwidth..

My firewall doesn't let you ban ip addresses... Any idea's?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Banning IP addressses Reply with quote

Mnet:Web wrote:
Hi,
Anyone remember the security whole in IIS which lets people start CMD.exe ? Well people are *attempting* to do it now, Now what I want to do is ban that hackers IP so i dont get any more repeat attempts.

I know that your software wont let them in but it takes valuable bandwidth..

My firewall doesn't let you ban ip addresses... Any idea's?

The future version will include a mechanism to ban IP addresses.
GeneralGurko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Port Mapping & IP Banning Reply with quote

Until the feature gets written into the next release of Abyss, here is a great little freeware program from AnalogX that should take care of your needs...

http://www.kefk.net/Security/Tools/Port-Mapper/

The developer's own site appears to be up and down today, but I can email it to you, or FTP it somewhere, if you can't get a hold of a copy. (It's just 250KB.)

Let me know.
The General
Mnet:Web
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi thanks for that.... You also helped me again without knowing it... I needed a port mapper!.. Thanks again...

www.mnetweb.co.uk
And..
www.phphelp.com (offical administator)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bandlero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:25 am    Post subject: SSI to ban IP's Reply with quote

:?: OK, well I know I can use javascript and SSI to ban IP's, but I can't seem to get the server to make SSI work, any ideas?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: SSI to ban IP's Reply with quote

Bandlero wrote:
:?: OK, well I know I can use javascript and SSI to ban IP's, but I can't seem to get the server to make SSI work, any ideas?

Put SSI in .shtml files and it should work. There is also a full documentation for SSI commands available in the web server's manual so please read it. You'll find all you need there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: