Port forwarding: Pardon me, but I still don't "get"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinselberg
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Port forwarding: Pardon me, but I still don't "get" Reply with quote

I have tried to figure it out from the information that is already available, including "Aprelium - Making your site accessible from the Internet" and "Can't View Your Website? Want a domain name? Look here!", but I still don't understand exactly how to configure my router to establish the port forwarding that is necessary for the Abyss Web Server capability. (When it comes to networking, I am still at the "dummy" level.)

I went through this once before, and with some help from this forum, I set it up OK, but now I have a new router to deal with. (The old router malfunctioned.) I looked for information that I might have saved myself to make this easier, but if I did save a copy of the old router table, I just can't find it now.

So, if I lay out all the information that I have, can someone put it together for me and tell me exactly what numbers and options to enter into my router table?

I have a Mac running Mac OS X connected to the Internet (ISP is Comcast) with a Cisco Linksys E1000 router.

I want people to be able to read files on my hard disk over the Internet using the domain specification http://rinselberg.dyndns.org:8000/...

This is my Abyss Web Server console display:

This is the way that I have the DynDNS Updater configured:

This is my Router Data display:

This is my Router Table display:

Finally, the menu to enter the port forwarding data into the Router Table:

So, to whatever kind soul(s) may be reading this, could you break it all down for me, as to exactly what to enter into the Router Table input menu? The Route Name? (don't think that matters..?) The Destination LAN IP? The Subnet Mask? The Gateway? And finally, the Interface option, which can be set to either "LAN & Wireless" or to "Internet (WAN)"..? And at the very top, where it says "Route Entries", it gives me the option of selecting from 1(), 2(), ... 20(). Would "1()" be OK?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kaizad20
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Port Fwd on Linksys Reply with quote

Looking at all your setting I recommend the following.
Port Forwarding in your linksys router should be under Applications or Gaming. The screen capture you are showing on your post is not Port fwd.

Once in that screen enter 80 for start 80 for end and your IP should show up by default all you have to enter is the last three digits.

Do the same for opening port 8000 or what ever other ports you need. Your IP will remain the same

Make sure you check the enable buton next to IP for each port and then save

Good Luck
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
ph81
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: portforwarding Reply with quote

Firstly, you have to manually configure the port forwarding on the router, this option is usually located under advanced settings or gaming. then check that port using[url] http://www.canyouseeme.com[/url] if it is forwarded you will get the right message.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MichaelMowery
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the first box, You must put the name of the service that you are forwarding the port for. In the second and third box, put the port number you wish to forward and select which protocol in the drop down menu. Under ip address, enter the ip the host where you are forwarding the traffic. If this is for torrents, then the ip address will be your local machine's address. Check enable and save settings. Make sure the host you are forwarding traffic to has its address set manually rather that dhcp. That way you don't need to modify the port forward rule if you get a new dhcp lease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: