PHP, MySQL and conversion from Xitami

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meijin
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: PHP, MySQL and conversion from Xitami Reply with quote

Hey all...newbie here.

I actually happened to run across this product by sheer accident today and now am very stoked about it. I am currently running Xitami and have been very frustrated with it due to crashes and issues that cannot seem to be resolved. My main purpose is to actually run a PHPbb forum like this one, so I also have PHP and MySQL installed. I am assuming that since PHPbb is running here, then MySQL is not a problem?

My biggest question is that of conversion. Once I have installed Abyss, I should just be able to direct it to the old directories where I already have everything installed and it should work ok...yes? Anyone ever done a conversion from Xitami?

Thanks!

Mike
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: PHP, MySQL and conversion from Xitami Reply with quote

meijin wrote:
Hey all...newbie here.

I actually happened to run across this product by sheer accident today and now am very stoked about it. I am currently running Xitami and have been very frustrated with it due to crashes and issues that cannot seem to be resolved. My main purpose is to actually run a PHPbb forum like this one, so I also have PHP and MySQL installed. I am assuming that since PHPbb is running here, then MySQL is not a problem?

My biggest question is that of conversion. Once I have installed Abyss, I should just be able to direct it to the old directories where I already have everything installed and it should work ok...yes? Anyone ever done a conversion from Xitami?

Thanks!

Mike

Do not have any worries, you can install MySQL (which is separated from the web server), install PHP support in Abyss Web Server and setup PhpBB (which runs like a charm by the way.)
The conversion won't cause any problems. You should configure Abyss Web Server to point on your old directories. That should be easy.
PHP installation guidelines are available at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: